This semester we are supporting Montview Community Preschool and Kindergarten for our fall service project. Montview Preschool is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year. All money raised for the preschool will go to their financial aid fund. Montview is one of a handful of preschools in Denver to offer financial aid at all. This opens up enrollment opportunities to a more diverse population, which is one of the founding principles of Montview Preschool AND one that is very important to Montview Church.
To participate in the fall service project, you can do any of the following:
1) Purchase a Starbucks card or grocery card from the preschool office (cash or checks only) – just one floor below where we meet for MomTime. They sell cards for King Soopers, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and others in various denominations. Depending on the retailer, 3-10% of your purchase will be donated to the preschool. You still get the full dollar amount to use on your card – it’s the retailer who sends a rebate to the preschool. Easy!
2) Go to MomTime’s Amazon Wish List to order books that have been specifically requested by the preschool. The list can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ZE0LGC6B9UBV
Then bring those books to the November 7th meeting where we will give them to Montview Preschool’s director.
3) Bring gently used books to the November 7th meeting. Look for books that are appropriate for preschool and kindergarten kids. The preschool does not use books that have licensed characters in them (Disney, Sesame Street, Thomas, Dora, etc.) and prefers regular paper books rather than board books. If you need ideas, check out MomTime’s virtual book list using the tags in the right-hand sidebar.
4) Make a cash donation. Francine will be placing a bulk order from our Wish List so that we have a good number of books to donate to the preschool Director when she speaks at our meeting.
5) Donate baked goods or buy treats at the MomTime Bake Sale on Sunday, December 14. This pre-Christmas bake sale is our biggest fundraiser of the year, usually netting around $1000 in sales. We will give half of the proceeds to Montview Preschool.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our service project coordinate, Francine, at email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your participation! The Montview Community Preschool and Kindergarten is so grateful to have our help!